” Say NO to cyberbullying’’
TRAINING COURSE: 10-17 September 2018
Dear partners and participants,
We are glad to welcome you to the Training course ” Say NO to cyberbullying’’ and we are looking forward to meet you in Topola very soon. Please, read all the provided information carefully and don’t hesitate to contact us with anything related to your participation in the project.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. Erasmus+ programme. This content reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
About the project
Social media has become prominent part of life for many young people today. Overusing of social media is a growing problem in modern society. Young people are often not aware how exposed and vulnerable they are, and how this, on the first sight, harmless social tool, can become a tool for cyberbullying.
CYBERBULLYING delineates the acts of bullying and harassment made by electronic means and all forms of communication connected to the web. It can be anonymous,it can be public, it spreads quickly, and it’s 24/7.
While suicide is the most serious consequence of these actions, it isn’t the only one. According to the Cyberbullying Research Center, “There have been several high‐profile cases involving teenagers taking their own lives in part because of being harassed and mistreated over the Internet, a phenomenon we have termed cyberbullicide – suicide indirectly or directly influenced by experiences with online aggression.”. Online bullying can cause self-esteem issues, depression, self-harm, feelings of isolation that can damage performance in school, social skills, and general well-being, but it’s an intense form of psychological abuse, whose victims are more than twice as likely to suffer from mental disorders compared to traditional bullying. As Youth Workers, we care deeply about development and future of our youngsters. Therefore the initiative for this project, consisted out of a single activity on an international level, a training course, that will gather young people, youth workers and educators.
The main aim of this project is to get new perspectives, exchange experiences, gain knowledge, and adopt new methods in working with youngsters in and out of schools in order to prevent
The objectives of this training course are:
-To exchange practices and share experiences among participants, related to bullying and
-To gain knowledge about proper usage of social media and its connection to the topic;
-To become familiar with different tools and methods of non-formal education for prevention and work with youth
-To provide knowledge and methods regarding cyberbullying, its impact, and its prevention, and
provide guidelines for symptoms of victims, bystanders and actors and correlation factors
-To improve and adapt existing available workshop contents, create new ones, and sublimate
everything into an online “Workshop book” -with detailed description of the activities- regarding the topic of bullying with focus on cyberbullying
-To exchange realities regarding the topics of the project in the participating countries
The target groups of the project are group leaders, youth workers, volunteers who work with young people and who want to learn about or develop their skills in order to promote and launch new quality projects under the framework of the Erasmus + Programme on the topic of prevention of cyberbullying in order to involve and aware the young people they are working with in their local environment.
The participants will be youth workers that are active members of the organizations of the partners involved which:
– youth workers, youth leaders, teachers, social workers, etc. who are directly working with young people;
– youth workers and youth leaders active in non – formal education field;
– are willing to develop their competences in field of prevention syberbullying and share their knowledge, skills and experiences with other participants;
– have already “some” experience with working with young people;
– have previous experience in intercultural activities and/or are familiar with concept of intercultural learning;
– are able to communicate in English (The official language of the Seminar will be English).
– are at least 20 years old;
– are motivated to be fully involved in preparation process (homework’s) and attend at least 98% of the TC.
– are motivated to take part in after TC phase (evaluation, self assessment, etc.).
THE TC WILL START AT 7:30 PM (DINNER TIME) ON SEPTEMBER 10th.
- SEPTEMBER IS ARRIVAL DAY; 17. SEPTEMBER IS DEPARTURE DAY
The youth exchange is implemented by support of the European Commission programme ERASMUS+ and the German National Agency. Travel Expenses (according to Erasmus+ guidelines), accommodation, food and planned activities will be covered by the project budget.
We will reimburse travel costs as listed below on the basis of the cheapest possibilities, e.g. second class railway tickets, APEX-flights etc. by bank transfer after the training and the receipt of all ORIGINAL tickets, bills, invoices, receipts, boarding tags/cards etc. Following the guide lines of the Erasmus + programme the travel back must be realised by the participants on direct way within maximum 2 days. In case of longer stays or indirect travelling (holiday travel etc.) there is no chance of reimbursement of travel costs. Missing tickets will not be reimbursed. Please, keep the original tickets in order to get money back.
REIMBURSEMNT WILL BE AFTER PROJECT ENDED AND WHEN WE RECEIVER REST OF MONEY FROM NATIONAL AGENCY. PROJECT END 03.12.2018. AS YOU KNOW WE HAVE 2 MONTHS TO SUBMITE REPORT AND ALSO NA HAVE 2 MONTHS TO CHECK REPORT. PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARTICIPANTS ABOUT THIS.
(WE CAN PROMISE FROM OUR SIDE THAT REPORT WILL BE FINISHED AT THE END OD DECEMBER)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE KEEP ALL YOUR ORIGINAL TRAVEL INVOICES AND BOARDING PASSES.
The project will be held at Hotel Oplenac (Oplenac BB, Topola, Serbia).
It is near the center of the city just 5-10 minutes walking. Surrounded by greenery it offers a relaxing and panoramic view.
Full board: rooms with 2, 3 and 4 beds, bathroom, toilet.
Accomodation includs all the meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
People from the same country can not be in the same room.
During the seminar, costs for board and lodging are covered by the project. Extra expenses, such as drinks in the bar in the venue, extra days have to be paid by participants.
During the workshops there is 2 coffee break; during this break we will provide nes coffee and tea, also some kind of jus and sweets. This is for free for participants.
How to get there:
When you arrive at the Belgrade airport have direct bus (Line A1) which takes you to the train and bus stations. You must buy a ticket on the bus itself. The ticket price is 300 RSD.
From BAS (name of bus station) bus stations have direct bus to Topola
If arriving by train just to move the bus station. Railway and bus stations are next to each other. With BAS (name of the bas station) bus station we have direct bus to Topola
Here you can find timetable for bus: http://www.bas.rs/basweb_eng/RedVoznje.aspx?lng=en
Ticket price is from 530,00 – 630,00 RSD.
Please do not by return tickets.
Rječnik – Prikaži detaljan rječnik
In any case, please send us as fast as possible before your departure an e-mail and inform us about your arrival time in Topola.
The provided food (3 meals a day) may differ from the food you are used to from home. However, we will try our best to accommodate your needs and dietary requirements. Please make sure, you indicate any special needs in the application form!
What to bring
Insurance – Travel Insurance
– About your NGO – During TC will be a informal opportunities to present your NGOs’ work. We fully encourage you to bring as much – relevant – materials as possible. Very useful is:
– To bring information in English language about your organization
– To bring other relevant information about your previous international projects you have organized
– To bring pictures, posters, leaflets and booklets of your NGO related to independent living
– To bring necessary things for representing your country, because we will have intercultural evenings and this mean that you will have your own space (around 15 min) to present your traditions, cultures or whatever you think represent your country to whole group. Try to make something interactive for people, make them participate, try to show culture but please, don’t play long videos from Youtube because this is something we can do at home, we would like to really experience your country in live 😉
– And for sure, don’t forget to bring food & drinks from your countries!!
Some tehnical suggestion
– In the room there is only one socket, if you have a home, bring with you a plug with more sockets.
Where is Topola?
The domestic currency is the RSD (Dinar). The dinar exchange rate in relation to the euro is constantly changing. You can exchange money in any bank, and exchange office too.
Before Seminar we will inform you about the dinar exchange rate.
(Exchange office we have at the airport and bus station. Dinar will you be required to purchase bus tickets.)
If you have any questions concerning your participation or need additional information please feel free to contact us anytime !!!
Contact person: Dijana Puskar
SEE YOU SOON IN TOPOLA